ADHD & ADD
We specialize in Buckhead ADHD & ADD for both adults and children. ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, a condition with symptoms such as inattentiveness, impulsiveness, and hyperactivity. The symptoms differ from person to person. ADHD was formerly called ADD, or attention deficit disorder. Both children and adults can have ADHD, but the symptoms always begin in childhood. Adults with ADHD may have trouble managing time, being organized, setting goals, and holding down a job.
When it comes to ADHD, no one diagnosis or treatment fits all. Everyone is different. The American Psychiatric Association has identified three types. Each has different symptoms, and treatments are based on those symptoms.
1. Inattentive Type: A person with this type must have at least six of these nine symptoms, and very few of the symptoms of hyperactive-impulsive type:
- Not paying attention to detail
- Making careless mistakes
- Failing to pay attention and keep on task
- Not listening
- Being unable to follow or understand instructions
- Avoiding tasks that involve effort
- Being distracted
- Being forgetful
- Losing things that are needed to complete tasks
2. Hyperactive-Impulsive Type: To have this type, a person has to have at least six of these nine symptoms, and very few of the symptoms of inattentive type:
- Getting up often when seated
- Running or climbing at inappropriate times
- Having trouble playing quietly
- Talking too much
- Talking out of turn or blurting out
- Often “on the go” as if “driven by a motor”
3. Combined Type. This is the most common type of ADHD. People with it have symptoms of both inattentive and hyperactive-impulsive types.
We treat both children and adults. Symptoms of ADHD in children look different than in adults. Even though adults with ADHD have had it since childhood, even if they have just recently been diagnosed, there are some differences. How ADHD symptoms manifest changes as people mature into adults. The main symptoms: inattention, hyperactivity and impulsiveness remain, but how they look and how they impact an adult’s life is different than how symptoms look and impact the life of a child.
Do you have any of these symptoms?
If so, don’t worry. Our doctors and staff provide discrete and friendly care. Come in today and get your prescription and feel better tonight. We are open 7 days a week. Give us a call on 678-515-0688 or just come in. We are conveniently located off I-75 at Howell Mill Road in West Buckhead – 1891 Howell Mill Road NW Suite A – Atlanta, GA 30318. We look forward to seeing you!